Wednesday, July 13, 2011

When 1700 Roams Free - Fatty Gets A Stylist


Today the 1700 crew and I went to SONY BMG, Melbourne to interview Kate Miller Heidke and her band mate for their new project Fatty Gets A Stylist.

The interview went really well and they were super sweet! Kate even brought a polaroid to give me a little picture to remember our meeting. What a cutie!

Fatty Gets A Stylist is a funky fun post-pop side-project that's ignited interest from all genres this week with the release of their debut album. Fatty shows Kate exploring a lower register as opposed to the classically trained vocals we're used to and it's working wonders! Kate explained to me that the discovery was made whilst she was singing in the shower in Amsterdam and decided to make a real go of it with long-term partner Kier Nuttall.
I've had the new single 'Are You Ready' stuck in my head all day! Give it a spin here!

No comments:

Post a Comment